Case Study: AXON
Using Instrumental’s AI-powered manufacturing optimization platform, Axon accelerates issue detection and resolution, upgrades quality processes, and gains engineering efficiency from EVT to MP.
Founded in 1993, Axon’s mission is to protect life by creating technology and services that promote safety, efficiency, and transparency. They offer a full tech suite of critical devices, software, and training for use by law enforcement, military, corrections, private security personnel, and by private individuals for personal defense. In addition to hardware such as in-camera systems, body-worn cameras, and less-lethal devices like TASERs, Axon has developed technology to handle data to capture, securely store, and manage video/audio evidence.
The value of using Instrumental could be seen from the early stages of development through Mass Production. Download our full case study below to see exclusive details about how the Axon team achieved the following:
- After the first day, the team automatically detected unknown issues, gained a full data record and instant, remote failure analysis.
- More than 20 different types of unknown issues were discovered, some of which would have resulted in escapes.
- Defect rates dropped 6% from EVT1 to DVT, improving design and processes early on, avoiding rework on dozens of units
- Traceability increased between builds, which enabled teams to rapidly respond with historically accurate information.
- Team efficiency increased. In EVT2, the team saved 35 hours of engineering time by prioritizing efforts on the most important issues
Axon Fleet 3